Pages

Monday, January 2, 2017

Ask me about year 2016!

Happy new year 2017!

As usual I will complete an annual, "Ask me about the year" fact sheet.

Ask me about year 2016

1. What did you do in year 2016 that you'd never done before?

I had my first ever transit flight & watched a movie in a privately owned movie theater in a foreign country.

2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

I kept 2 out of 5 new year's resolution. I did not maintain a fitness regime, read more books and learn a new instrument. I will probably focus on objectives instead of a direct list of new year's resolutions this year.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

No.

4. Did anyone close to you die?

No.

5. What countries did you visit?

I visited Singapore, Hong Kong, Bulgaria, Austria, Italy, Germany and the Netherlands.

6. What would you like to have in 2017 that you lacked in 2016?

Assertiveness. 

7. What dates from 2016 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

21 July 2016 - My birthday, cried tears of happiness because my family came back to celebrate with me.

9 December 2016 - On my flight to Bulgaria, cried tears of happiness because I finally get to see my family and boyfriend.

31 December 2016 - New Year's Eve, playing Spyfall with my family and boyfriend and then counting down to 2017 watching fireworks from our apartment hotel window.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

My career move. 

9. What was your biggest failure?

Getting rid of bad habits.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

No.

11. What was the best thing you bought?

N/A

12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?

Merited celebration is an understatement. They know who they are.

13. Whose behaviour made you appalled?

Nobody. Its their karma I don't waste energy on such people.

14. Where did most of your money go?

Food and clothes. 

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Reuniting with my family and boyfriend during Christmas.

16. What song will always remind you of 2016?

Fight song.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you: (a) happier or sadder? (b) thinner of fatter? (c) richer or poorer?

Happier, fatter and richer.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?

Reading.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?

Worrying.

20. How did you spend your Christmas?

With my family and boyfriend (!) for the first time ever he celebrated Christmas with me. 

21. Did you fall in love in 2016?

Yes, I did again and again since 21st July 2011.

22. What was your favourite TV program?

Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?

No one, I eliminated them right away.

24. What was the best book you read?

None. This is sad.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?

N/A

26. What did you want and get?

My current career opportunity. 

27. What did you want and not get?

N/A

28. What was your favourite film of this year?

Star Wars - Rogue One.

29. What one thing made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

Finding myself again in my current job with people who believed in me and what I could do. 

30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2016?

Genuine.

31. What kept you sane?

Love.

32. Which celebrity/ public figure did you fancy the most?

Angelababy

33. What political issue stirred you the most?

N/A

34. Who did you miss?

My beloved late grandmother.

35. Tell us a valuable lesson you learned in 2016.

I learned that our past only get us to where we will be at present but where we will be in the future is the sum of our effort in the days to come.

36. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

This is my fight song,
Take back my life song,
Prove I'm alright song,
My power's turned on,
Starting right now I'll be strong,
I'll play my fight song,
And I don't really care if nobody else believes,
'Cause I've still got a lot of fight left in me.


Happy New Year 2017!

No comments:

Post a Comment